2/03/2012

THE BAROQUE ERA



The magnificent Basilica of San Marco in Venice attracted musical directors of the highest calibre in the 16th and 17th centuries, including Adrian Willaert, Gioseffo Zarlino and Claudio Monteverdi. The Byzantine dome allowed for various placements of multiple choirs and instrumentalists. This inspired composers such as Andrea Gabrieli and his nephew Giovanni Gabrieli to explore antiphonal elements and dynamic effects.

USE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE TO VIEW A PHOTO GALLERY OF THIS MUSICALLY SIGNIFICANT LANDMARK.

I'd really appreciate it if you sent me your comments on it.

Have a nice weekend

Flor

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, the photos of the gallery that I could see are so beautiful and ,as my parents were in Venice in their first night as a married couple, they shared to me some photos of the Basilica of San Marco and they are too beautiful!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are a great photos, but for mi aren't interesting. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have searched some information about Andrea Gabrieli.
    He didn´t wrote all his music for Basilica of San Marco.
    He didn´t wanted publish every works,but his
    nephew published them when his uncle dead.
    Ah! The pictures are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete